Part Two of Tour Adventures! – Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philly & New York

This is an actual coffee shop chain in Pittsburgh.

After a short stop in Chicago, my lovely traveling companion Erica Unwoman and I headed off to the east coast.  Our first stop was Detroit where we had a fantastic gluten free meal at Inn Season Cafe before heading over to Royal Kuba to play for the fantastic, and well organized, Doc Colony!

Unwoman performing at Royal Kuba.

Afterwards we headed over to stay with Casey at Theater Bizarre, what a fantastic spot!  From there we headed out to Pittsburgh where my good friend Robert Warren was putting together a show with the amazing Trundle Manor!  It was pretty chilly but we managed to stay warm with a giant wood burning, fire spewing furnace in the garage (where the show was held.)  Should you ever go to Pittsburgh DEFINITELY stop by Trundle Manor.

This thing actually spit flames on occasion. It also kept us warm.

Performing in Trundle Manor’s garage.

Robert, our fine host, in the red vest.

The next day we headed out to Philly to play for Gil Cnann of Dorian’s Parlor.  We played alongside Psyche Corporation and had a lot of fun.  The next day we headed out for NYC with Psyche Corp. for our last show of the tour.  The Goblin Market and Anachronism really did a great job and it was a ton of fun.  I’m actually awful (if you haven’t noticed) at taking pictures so I apologize for the distinct lack of them.  I also DJed a GREAT electro-swing set but best of all, I got to end my set with a little old school goth/industrial.  They held the event at a club that used to be The Bank way back in the day and well, that was kind of awesome to be able to do that.

Afterwards we got some late night diner at Yaffa Cafe with my friend Calico Jack.  The next day Erica and I visited with Sam Rosenthal of Black Tape for a Blue Girl and Projekt Records fame at their actual offices in Fort Green, Brooklyn.  He was a super awesome guy and even has an old analog synthesizer signed by Robert Moog.

After that we went to Manhattan and walked around one of my favorite parts, Tudor City and Turtle Bay.  We got a bite and then attended Sleep No More.  It was one of the greatest pieces of entertainment, theater and general production I’ve ever witnessed.  Afterwards we got some drinks at Gallows Green and even had a “potion” made for us!

Calico Jack, our fine hostess who put us up for two nights.

Sam from Projekt Records and Black Tape for a Blue Girl’s vintage Moog signed by Robert Moog himself.

The “potion” made for Erica and I after Sleep No More at Gallow’s Green.

A picture of Erica, a SNM mask, a flower given to her and the Manhattan skyline in the background. Gallow’s Green is a great rooftop cocktail lounge.

A picture shot with the “sepia” filter on my phone because that’s how awesome I am with photography. Also, an interior shot of Gallows Green.

The next morning I got up early, said my goodbyes to Erica (who stayed an extra day before flying back to SF) and drove back to Chicago. It was a great little tour and we had a ton of fun. Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen.

Also gas was only 3.09 a gallon outside of Toledo.

Seriously!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
7 Responses to "Part Two of Tour Adventures! – Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philly & New York"
  1. 06/11/2012 23:33

How

A person necessarily assist to make critically posts I might state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this actual publish amazing. Wonderful job!

• 19/11/2012 17:22

jvourteque

Thanks, How, I mean, it’s really just a bunch of pictures and some comments on them BUT I’d figure an internet bot such as yourself has been plastered on a lot of webpages so I’ll take this as a compliment.

2. 07/11/2012 06:11

the best holiday dresses collection

Adult web Step into this I was recommended this blog by my cousin. I¡¯m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You¡¯re incredible! Thanks! your article about Adult web Step into thisBest Regards Agata

• 19/11/2012 17:25

jvourteque

Hi Agata aka The Best Holiday Dresses Collection,
      First off, I’m glad you enjoyed the post so much. I have to admit ignorance to what this “Adult Web Step” you speak of is and I’m not sure how this relates to my article on a tour of the East Coast of the US but I’m always open to new things. Can you elaborate?

Also, I’m pretty much 100% sure I’m not your cousin as I was just at a family event yesterday and no word of a relative named “Agata” or “The Best Holiday Dresses Collection” was brought up. Though I admit, it would be quite the honor to learn that I’m related to the esteemed Dresses Collection family.

3. 10/11/2012 13:19

continue

I simply wished to say thanks all over again. I do not know what I might have tried without the type of creative ideas shared by you about my theme. Certainly was a intimidating dilemma in my opinion, however , being able to see the professional technique you processed that forced me to leap for fulfillment. I’m just happy for the assistance and then trust you comprehend what a powerful job you are getting into educating many people by way of your website. Probably you have never encountered all of us.

4. 10/11/2012 13:21

source

I precisely wanted to thank you very much again. I am not sure the things I would’ve handled without the actual techniques discussed by you on my theme. It has been a depressing case in my circumstances, nevertheless taking note of a new specialised avenue you handled it made me to cry for gladness. Now i’m happier for this work and thus expect you are aware of a great job you’re carrying out educating people today thru your webpage. I am sure you’ve never met all of us.

• 19/11/2012 17:27

jvourteque

Continue and Source, no I’ve definitely never met all of you BUT I think you two need to meet each other! You guys sound like you have the EXACT SAME DILEMMA. I mean, look, you even posted on the same website and article but 3 minutes after one another!

I think you two need to meet up.

So glad I can bring people together.,